Marketing has really been around since the dawn of time. According to the History Cooperative, ancient China and India were the first cultures known to use “persuasive communications” for selling their goods and services. The actual term marketing wasn’t coined until well after the Industrial Revolution. At a time when mass production was well under way, the competition was high, and companies needed to differentiate themselves.
The idea of marketing has not changed, only the tools we use (Ex. SEO, content marketing, social media marketing, etc.). The best marketers are going to be up to date on the latest trends, while also staying true to the unique value they bring to the table.
It is easy to get confused; but lucky for us, some of the world’s best offer crystal clear advice on how to get better! These books are written by the marketing gurus of our generation and it’s no wonder why they are all bestsellers on Amazon.
Continue mastering your craft and pick up any of these books to get better at marketing.
5 Books to Become a Better Marketer:
1. Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen (Donald Miller)
2. Crushing It: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence-and How You Can, Too (Gary Vaynerchuk)
3. This Is Marketing: You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn to See (Seth Godin)
4. Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion (Robert B. Cialdini)
5. The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference (Malcolm Gladwell)