Marketing advice is plentiful, but what actually works? Sometimes it just comes down to keeping it simple. It’s so easy to get caught up in all the different marketing strategies and social media platforms; but at the end of the day, marketers are only having conversations with regular people. Be yourself and never try to pretend you’re somebody else. Customers crave authenticity and it’s one of the best ways to gain a loyal following.
We compiled 10 of the most straight forward marketing quotes out there to help you master your craft.
10 Quotes to Help You Master Marketing:
- “Even when you are marketing to your entire audience or customer base, you are still simply speaking to a single human at any given time.”- Ann Handley
- “Clients don’t care about the labor pains; they want to see the baby.”- Tim Williams
- “Martin Luther King did not say ‘I have a mission statement.”- Simon Sinek
- “Content is the reason search began in the first place.”- Lee Odden
- “You can’t just place a few “Buy” buttons on your website and expect your visitors to buy.”- Neil Patel
- “Don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with your marketing.”- Mike Volpe
- “Focus on the core problem your business solves and put out lots of content and enthusiasm and ideas about how to solve that problem.”- Laura Fitton
- “Our jobs as marketers are to understand how the customer wants to buy and help them to do so.”- Bryan Eisenberg
- “Content is anything that adds value to the reader’s life.”- Avinash Kaushik
- “It’s hard to target a message to a generic 35-year-old middle-class working mother of two. It’s much easier to target a message to Jennifer, who has two children under four, works as a paralegal, and is always looking for quick but healthy dinners and ways to spend more time with her kids and less time on housework.”- Elizabeth Gardner